Intended for students of conservatories, music universities and young artists aged 15–24.
Applicants may submit APPLICATIONS, including particulars and recordings, by 31 May 2020. Students will be selected by the tutors of individual instrument groups – leading musicians of the CZECH PHILHARMONIC.
What do I get as an Orchestral Academy student?
- 7 days of orchestra training in Kroměříž, divided and group rehearsals, leadership by the Czech Philharmonic musicians and the conductor Tomáš Netopil, orchestra rehearsals in Prague – that is 18 frequencies of at least 35 hours. Students of the Orchestral Academy will gain exceptional orchestral experience, the opportunity to share experiences, the inspirational environment of the historic town of Kroměříž and experience in performing at the prestigious international festival of classical music Dvořák Prague.
- I will play 2 concerts led by the conductor Tomáš Netopil /Kroměříž, Dvořák Prague IMF/
- accommodation in Kroměříž and Prague
- possibility to attend the accompanying concert programme of ISMA as a spectator
- selected students can receive scholarships
- each student receives a certificate of completion of the Academy
Course fee: 350 euro
The Orchestral Academy is organized by the Academy of Classical Music (organizer of The Dvořák Prague Festival) in cooperation with the international Summer Music Academy in Kroměříž.
Students of the Orchestral Academy will perform as members of the DVOŘÁK PRAGUE YOUTH PHILHARMONIC at the Dvořák Prague International Music Festival 2020.
Dates of the Orchestral Academy
11–13 September 2020 – Orchestral Academy /Prague/
Ludwig van Beethoven: Symphony No. 9 in d minor, Op. 125
Soloists: Simona Šaturová, Markéta Cukrová, Petr Nekoranec and Jan Martiník / Prague Philharmonic Choir, choirmaster Lukáš Vasilek.
Artistic leadership, conductor
Tomáš Netopil is the Music Director with Aalto Theatre and the Essen Philharmonic. Before that, he was the Lead Conductor of the Czech National Theatre Opera. In the autumn of 2017, he was appointed Head Guest Conductor for the Czech Philharmonic Orchestra.